- Best Camping Cots for Heavy People
- KingCamp Camping Cot Double 2 Person cot
If you are looking for the best camping cots for heavy people, you have come to the right place. We have compiled a list of 7 camping cots that could be perfect options for you, depending on your needs. Our favorite cot is the KingCamp Camping 2 Person Cot, but the other cots we tried were also excellent options.
Best Camping Cots for Heavy People
KingCamp Camping Cot Double 2 Person
The KingCamp is a portable folding bed, with a wheeled carry bag making it the perfect cot to accompany you on your next camping trip. The KingCamp is our favorite product on this list. It is a 2-person cot the provides a great deal of room for sleeping.
- Stable cot with a frame made from steel
- Thickened 1200D Oxford fabric
- Weight limit of 550 pounds
- Oversized cot made to fit two people
- Easy to assemble, making it a very convenient option
- Very portable
- Carry bag has a convenient handle, as well as wheels underneath
- Best overall.
TETON Sports Outfitter XXL Camp Cot
This folding cot is a great option for your camping needs. It has a durable steel frame, which means it is strong and lightweight to be sturdy enough for heavy people looking for a comfortable camping cot.
- This stable cot has an S-leg assembly made from reinforced steel, making this cot extremely durable
- TETON cot is larger than a twin bed and supports up to 600 pounds
- Easy to assemble with its pivot arm revolution that reduces the struggle in getting the last bar in place
- Very portable. folds down for transport, and only weighs 26 pounds for easy carrying
- Best extra features
Camping Cot 450 LBS
This folding cot is another excellent option for your camping trips. It has a portable foldable outdoor cot that is perfect for adults and kids. It is durable and lightweight, making it ideal for your camping needs.
- This cot has a triangle structure made of 25mm steel tubes to ensure the most strength and stability.
- This oversized model is long enough to fit people up to 6′ 4,” making it a perfect cot for those who are heavier or larger than the average person.
- Easy to assemble and folds up very quickly.
- Very portable; folds up like an accordion, and fits into a carrying bag with a strap that is easy to carry at only 15.8 pounds and fits into most car trunks.
- Easiest To Carry.
ELTOW Cozy Folding Camping Cot
This foldable camping cot is heavy-duty, portable, and comes with a pillow and mattress to provide you with everything you need to camp comfortably. This cot is perfect for heavy people looking for a comfortable camping option.
- Stable and secure cot with a steel pipe frame and 1980D oxford fabric, making it extra sturdy.
- This cot is 74 x 26 x 14.5 inches when it is completely set up, and it holds up to 400 pounds, making it perfect for people who need a little extra weight support.
- Easy to assemble and also folds up like an accordion for collapsing.
- Very portable, once it is folded up, it fits perfectly into a carrying bag with a handle and only weighs 14 pounds, which makes it very easy to transport.
- Best extra features: offers a pillow, mattress, and hanging storage pouch for your essentials like a cellphone, keys, bug spray, wallet, or anything else you need at your bedside during your trip.
Niceway Oxford Portable Folding Bed
This cot is another excellent multi-use cot! Whether you are looking for a camping cot or an outdoor chase, this is the cot for you.
- This item is durable and stable, made out of anti-rust steel with a double layer of 1200D Oxford fabric to ensure it has extra support and stability.
- This cot is 74.8 x 26.7 x 19.3 inches and holds up to 300-400 pounds, which makes it the perfect cot for those heavier users.
- Niceway’s updated design makes it easy to assemble, and anti-slip caps keep the bed from skidding on the ground when you get on it.
- Folds up with four easy steps to make it easily portable, but does not come with a carrying bag.
- More affordable than other options.
ALPHA CAMP Oversized Camping Cot
This camping cot by ALPHA CAMP is perfect for larger individuals who are looking for their new camping companion. This cot offers additional features that make it stand out from the rest.
- This cot is made out of an aluminum x-leg assembly and 600D Oxford Fabric, which means it is not as stable as the previous cots we have reviewed, but still has added features like iron layers at the joints and anti-slip mats to make it more durable.
- This cot is oversized at 82.7″ L x 28.3″ W x 17.7″ H, which means it is long and wide enough to fit larger body frames.
- ALPHA CAMP uses a pivot arm design, which means setting up is a breeze.
- Fold up is very easy and comes with a carrying bag with a strap and only weighs 16 pounds, which means it is very portable.
- One of the easiest to carry at only 16 pounds.
Slumberjack Big Cot
This cot by Slumberjack is the biggest cot they make, and it is perfect for those with larger frames which are looking for a comfortable option for their next camping trip.
- 4-star product.
- Strong and stable with a steel frame and 600D Polyester fabric to make it extra durable.
- This cot is definitely oversized at 86″ L x 40″ W x 20″ H, which makes it perfect for those with a larger body frame.
- Slumberjack’s Big Cot is easy to put together because it uses a tension grip end bar for easier assembly.
- This cot is also simple to fold up and comes with a carrying back for easy portability and storage. However, it is a little heavier than the other cots we tried.
- Most resistant with its sturdy frame and durable fabric.
And The Winner Is…
Things to Consider When Choosing a Camping Cot
If you are looking for the best camping cots for heavy people, it is important to know what specifications and features you should be looking for. The best camping cots for heavy people will be the ones that are made from more durable materials that can provide the support these people need.
It is essential to look at the design of the cot to ensure that the legs have extra support in either an X-shaped design or an S-shaped design.
How Much Weight Can A Cot Hold?
This is a fundamental question when you are trying to find the perfect cot for you. Average camping cots usually are rated for up to 275 pounds. While this is comfortable for some campers, those who are heavier need one that can support a little more weight. In our research, we found that camping cots for heavy people can generally support between 300 and 450 pounds, which gives you an extra 100 pounds over the average camping cot.
If you need a cot that is capable of supporting more weight, choosing a 2-person one like KingCamp Camping Cot Double 2 Person is the best option. The cots are made of more durable materials like steel bars, and the thicker fabric will provide you will more support than those that are constructed from less durable materials.
Full-Size Cot for Camping
Full-size cots for camping are those that are extra wide. We have included some of these on our list, including the KingCamp Camping Cot Double 2 Person cot, TETON Sports Outfitter XXL Camping Cot, ALPHA CAMP Oversized Camping Cot, and the Slumberjack Big Cot. A full-size cot for camping gives you the benefit of either sharing it with your significant other or giving yourself a little extra room to sleep comfortably at night.
Some people complained about not being able to roll over in the middle of the night on a regular-sized cot without rolling onto the painful bars, which was solved by upgrading to a full-size cot that gave them some added room. This is an important consideration when trying to find the best camping cot for heavier people because you may want the extra room to be able to move comfortably in the middle of the night.
How Wide is a Camping Cot?
Standard camping cots are anywhere from 26 inches wide to 30 inches. This may not be suitable for people with wider frames, which is why the best camping cots for heavier people range between 32 and 43 inches.
These larger cots are classified as large, wide, extra-large, extra-wide, oversized, or jumbo. They are perfect for those who want a little extra room. The only thing you have to consider when purchasing a larger cot is how much room is in your tent if you are using a tent for camping.
How Heavy is a Cot?
When planning for a camping trip, it is essential to know how much your gear weighs. The cots that we reviewed were anywhere between 14 to 26 pounds. Naturally, the potable beds that weigh a little bit more are rated for a heavier user.
Some cots like the KingCamp Camping Cot Double 2 Person cot, specifically rated for heavy users, comes with wheels to make transporting this one much more manageable. The steel construction allows them to be lighter while also providing excellent support and stability for the users.
What are Some Other Important Features in a Cot?
When you are looking for the best camping cot for heavy people, there are other features that you might want to consider. For example, some of these cots come with a hanging pocket to store your personal items.
This is a useful feature if you want a place to put your glasses, phone, or medications. Another characteristic is the carrying bag with a strap. This is a great feature because it allows you to carry your oversized cot easier from the car to the camping site or wherever you are planning to take this portable bed.