- Best Kayaks for Big Guys
- Sea Eagle 380x Inflatable Kayak
- Honorable Mentions
- Things to Consider When Buying a High Weight Capacity Kayak
If you are a big and tall guy who loves kayaking, you are probably tired of feeling stuck or literally being stuck into cramped and tight cockpits. No matter your height or weight, everyone should be able to enjoy healthy and fun activities, such as kayaking. The good news is this is possible with plus size kayaks!
Whether you are big-boned, long-legged, or have feet that could rival a Sasquatch, one of these 450 lb capacity kayaks will definitely get you paddling around in the comfort you deserve.
Best Kayaks for Big Guys
Old Town Loon 126 Angler Fishing Kayak
The first thing I noticed about Old Town Loon 126 kayak is that it has an extremely spacious cockpit, and a removable work deck, which is perfect for storage and customization. This kayak can support up to 450 pounds, so there is no need to be worried about stability or paddling around in a tippy kayak.
Since this kayak for big people has a customizable work deck with a sharp keel line and a triple-layer polyethylene hull, it’s highly recommended for fishing. If you are an angler, some of the features you will love are the flush-mounted rod holders, and the anchor trolley system. The kayak comes with plenty of other fishing features.
Overall, the angler kayak by Old Town Canoes & Kayaks is small, lightweight, stable, and spacious to sit inside, making it one of the best plus size fishing kayaks for big guys currently available to purchase online.
- 12-foot, 6-inch kayak with a 450lb weight capacity
- Innovative seating with an ergonomic adjustable backrest
- Very comfortable and spacious cockpit with plenty of storage space
- Removable work deck with a customizable space for your gear and a USB charge port
- Track foot brace system for a more stable and efficient ride
- Bow and stern deck bungees and carry handles
- Great for fishing
- The paddles are sold separately
- The USB charger is sold separately
Perception Crank 10 Pedal Kayak
The Crank 10 pedal kayak is very easy to use, and it’s perfect for recreational kayaking in lakes, ponds, and calm coastal waters. The first thing I noticed when trying out the Crank 10, is its super easy-to-use pedal drive system. I was able to go forward and reverse pretty smoothly, without removing the drive from the boat. The seating is also very comfortable and easy to adjust.
I also loved the large rear tankwell that could be used as a tackle box or a cooler. Overall, this is one of the best recreational kayaks for big guys if you are someone who enjoys recreational kayaking and doesn’t mind pedal driving.
- 10 feet length, 35-inches width kayak with a 350 lb weight capacity
- Lightweight pedal drive kayak
- Adjustable folding seating that can be removed
- One-handed rudder control
- Easy-to-use pedal drive system
- Front and rear storage areas
- 2 Solo Mount recesses for accessories
- A great option for recreational kayaking
- Easy to transport with side carry handles
- The rudder control knob becomes a bit tiresome after a while
Lifetime – Two Person Paddle Fishing Kayak
Lifetime’s paddle fishing kayak for big and heavy people has made our list because it’s simple, versatile, and has amazing balance. Its wide hull makes it almost impossible to tip over, while the overall smaller size makes it great for fishing and reaching tight places where fish usually linger.
If you are an angler, you will love that this kayak comes with built-in fishing rod holders and a rear storage hatch. It also has integrated paddle clips. Overall, this is a great kayak built to endure even the harshest weather conditions and designed to provide the ultimate fishing experience. It’s simple and affordable, plus you can share the space with a friend.
Lastly, unlike other kayaks, this model has multiple footrests allowing you to place your legs in different ways, based on your current level of comfort and balance. Lifetime’s paddle fishing kayak is our top choice for the best two man kayaks for big guys.
- 2-person paddle fishing kayak
- 10 feet long, 3 feet wide kayak with 500lbs weight capacity
- A versatile design that allows single or double paddlers
- Very stable and durable
- Paddles included in the package
- Multiple footrests pre-installed
- 5-year warranty on the product
- It’s a bit slow against strong currents and headwinds
- The seats become uncomfortable after a few hours
Sea Eagle 380x Inflatable Kayak
If you are a kayak enthusiast looking for a quality yet affordable large kayak to step up your game, then the Sea Eagle kayak is the right option. This kayak can hold up to 750 pounds, and it’s large enough to fit 2 or 3 persons at a time.
With its large weight capacity, you can easily bring and store all your fishing gear and snacks, while the inflatable design makes it super easy to carry and transport. This kayak is also very comfortable since you are basically sitting on air. The kayak is made from durable materials that make it puncture resistant. It’s super easy to set up – I needed around 8 minutes of loading air to get it ready to use.
As a large person, you may have your doubts trying out an inflatable kayak. My husband and I are both large, and we spent a lot of time looking for a kayak that would support us, and this one really did a great job. The stability of the kayak is excellent, and I really felt safe while in it. Lastly, this product comes with a pro package meaning you will get everything you need for your kayaking adventure, making it an excellent option for beginners.
- 12 ½ feet long, 3 ¼ feet wide inflatable kayak with 750lbs weight capacity
- Can fit 2 or 3 people at a time
- Comfortable seat
- Inflatable design that is easy to carry, transport and store
- Easy to inflate and setup
- Puncture resistant
- Two paddles and a carry bag are included
- 3-year warranty
- NMMA certified product
- No ropes on the side to die down gear
- Susceptible to blowing in the wind
Sevylor Quikpak K1
The Sevylor Quickpak K1 is an inflatable sit on top kayak meaning it has an open design that allows you to sit flat on top of it. This is suitable for big and tall people because they don’t have to squeeze inside a cockpit. The kayak is also very large, wide, and strong. It’s a bit more than 8 feet long, 3 feet wide, and can hold up to 400 pounds. Although the kayak is inflatable, its size makes it very stable even if you rock the boat.
The feature I really liked, and that not many inflatable kayaks have, is the padded seat for extra back support and additional comfort. Like other inflatable models, this kayak is very easy and quick to set up. It’s also super convenient to carry, transport and store.
I highly recommend this product if you are into casual paddling. Due to the flat bottom and lack of rudders, this kayak is not suitable for rough waters.
- Inflatable sit on top kayak
- 8 feet long, 3 feet wide with 400lbs weight capacity
- Padded seat with extra back support
- Easy to set up, carry, transport and store
- Suitable for casual paddling
- Pretty slow
- Not suitable for rough waters
Vibe Kayaks Sea Ghost 110
The Vibe Kayaks Sea Ghost 110 is 11 feet long and can support up to 425 pounds, making it suitable for big and tall people. The kayak is made from high-density polyethylene, which makes it very durable. It’s a type of field and stream kayaks which makes it great both for casual paddling and stronger water currents. It has a built-in rudder for more comfortable sailing and huge storage space.
The seat is very comfortable, and I loved the adjustable foot braces for extra comfort. It has excellent features and lots of rail space to mount accessories. The center console has a handy dry storage area, a magnetic portion on the top, and a built-in cup holder, which is a very nice touch.
Overall, this field and stream kayak has everything you need to go on a memorable adventure. It tracks nicely through the water and reaches decent speed. It’s very stable and comfortable to sit inside for hours.
- 11 feet long, 33 inches wide with 425lbs weight capacity
- Wide hull for excellent stability
- Made from durable materials
- Large rear tank
- Built-in toe-controlled rudder
- Two mount holders for fishing rods
- Two side paddle parks
- Fishfinder transducer port and accessories mount
- Comfortable seat
- Available in 5 colors
- A bit heavy
- The tie points in the cargo area don’t hold so well
And The Winner Is…
Due to the high demand, some of our top picks have sold out, so we have decided to update this review and add more products that are comparable and check back often. We will continue to update this list over time, and ensure you find the product you’re looking for in the easiest way possible.
Our honorable mentions include Perception Pescador Pilot, Perception Tribe, and OC Paddle Ocean Tandem Kayak (HRH-KYT-1009). Let’s take a closer look!
Perception Pescador Pilot
The Perception Pescador Pilot is a sit on top fishing kayak that can support up to 450lbs. The length of the kayak is 12.5 feet and it’s 33 inches wide. These dimensions make the product suitable for big and tall people, along with its high weight capacity and sit-on-top design.
The kayak is very stable, and you will love it if you are an angler because it enables you to cast even from a standing position! I think the kayak is very spacious, and that it has generous storage areas, and accessory mounts. I found it rather easy to customize.
The pedal drive system is also very easy to use. I loved propelling the boat while having both of my hands free for fishing or simply taking wonderful photos! Overall, this a well-designed, great value product that I would recommend this kayak to people who love fishing, and casual kayaking.
- Sit on top fishing kayak
- 12.5 feet long and 33 inches wide kayak with 50lbs weight capacity
- Very stable and durable
- Comfortable and removable seat
- One-handed rudder control with 360-degree turning radius
- Generous storage area with accessory mounts
- Removable Pilot Drive pedal system
- 4 rod holders for hands-free storage while paddling
- It’s heavy to move carry and move around
Perception Tribe 13.5 Tandem Kayak
The Perception Tribe series are great if you are a beginner or an intermediate paddler. These sit-on-top kayaks are versatile, super-stable, and very quick in the water. The Perception Tribe 13.5 tandem kayak is as the name suggests, more than 13 feet long, and designed for two individuals. This strong and durable kayak can support up to 500lbs.
This kayak is all about comfort. It has a very comfortable padded seat with an adjustable seat back. It also has molded knee and thigh areas, integrated footrests to fit users of different sizes and build, and my personal favorite, a center seat for your kids or pet!
The Perception Tribe has a generous storage area for bigger and smaller items, as well as a built-in drink holder, which is a nice touch. It is rather comfortable to carry with the bow and stern toggle handles.
- 13.5 feet long, 33.75 inches wide tandem kayak with 500 lbs weight capacity
- Made in USA
- Adjustable padded seat
- Molded knee and thigh areas for additional comfort
- Center seat for your kids or pet
- Integrated footrests
- Excellent storage area options including a center hatch with built-in bag and protective lid for your essentials
- A variety of optional accessories (sold separately)
- Poor customer service
OC Paddle Ocean Tandem Kayak (HRH-KYT-1009)
The OC Paddle Ocean Tandem Kayak is a great choice if you want to go kayaking with a friend, your partner or your kids. Since this tandem kayak has a weight capacity ranging from 375 to 425lbs, it can easily and comfortably fit one big and tall person, two plus-sized people or 2 average weight people with a child.
Personally, I think this kayak is amazing for couples with a child who love casual paddle adventures. The kayak is 12 feet long, 34 inches wide, and it has 3 seating positions, depending on whether you are paddling alone, with someone, or with a child. The kayak is sturdy and smooth, and I found it rather easy to paddle and navigate with my daughter up front.
- 12 feet long, 34 inches wide tandem kayak with up to 425lbs weight limit
- Comfortable for couples with a small child
- 3 seating positions – bow, stern and middle
- 2 super comfortable gel seats
- Overlapping foot wells
- Molded-in handles for easier transport
- The handles don’t seem very strong, could be more durable
Things to Consider When Buying a High Weight Capacity Kayak
What Kayak Has the Highest Weight Capacity?
Among the products we reviewed, the Sea Eagle 380x Inflatable Kayak with Pro Package has the highest weight capacity of 700 pounds. This makes it a great option if you are a big guy, if you want to go kayaking with a friend or simply need to bring a lot of gear.
How Much Weight Can a Kayak Hold?
Kayak weight limits mostly depend on the type of kayak. For example, recreation, ocean, and touring kayaks have a limit between 200 and 450 pounds. Fishing kayaks typically carry more gear, meaning they must have a higher weight limit – from 400lbs, 500lbs, and even 700lbs. Tandem kayaks have a weight capacity that goes from 500lbs to 700lbs and more.
What is the Weight Limit on Vibe Kayaks Sea Ghost 110?
The weight limit on Vibe Kayaks Sea Ghost 110 is 425lbs. This kayak is 11 feet long and 33 inches wide, which, along with its weight limit, makes it one of the best kayaks for heavy people. Vibe Outdoors also created a heavy-duty kayak called Ghost 130 that is 13 feet long, 33 inches wide, and with a 550lbs weight limit.