Updated on March 13th, 2023 at 07:05 pm
We’ll be going over the best heavy-duty Adirondack chairs available to help you make an informed decision.
What’ll we’ll cover
- Reviewing the best heavy-duty Adirondack chairs in 2022
- Pros and cons of each Modern Adirondack chair
- Best material for these chairs
- How to choose the best chair based on durability, comfort, budget, and storage
- Give you our top choice and why we think it’s the best option for your outdoor space
Best adirondack chair
Highwood Adirondack Chair
The Highwood AD-KING1-BKE Hamilton are the ideal Heavy Duty Adirondack Chairs For Large People. Compared to the standard Hamilton chair, this one is 6 inches taller and 4 inches wider. This chair has multiple reclining positions and can fold flat for secure storage.
Its best feature is the patented NatureTex, which looks like natural wood without the waxy texture, and it won’t fade. The weather resistant material withstands a range of climates Including harsh weather conditions, and the recycled materials are designed to repel grime and dirt.
- 400 lb weight capacity
- Folds up for easy storage and transportation
- Attractive seating for your backyard or porch
- It is a comfortable chair for obese people
- Manufacturer offers a 12-year warranty
- Very sturdy once assembled
- Able to adjust the reclining angle
- A bit pricey
- Tricky to assemble
Lifetime Adirondack Chair
If you’re looking for a heavy-duty chair that can handle big guys’ weight, this one is the right pick. The Lifetime Adirondack Chair has a weight capacity of 300 pounds with a height of 36.9 inches and a length of 38.6 inches. This chair measures several inches larger than most.
The highlight of this chair is that their Faux wood is stain-resistant and UV-protected. Best of all, the wood won’t crack, splinter or chip. The chair is weather-resistant so that you can leave it outdoors.
- Very durable and will last you years
- Affordable price
- Sturdy outdoor chair
- No fading after years of use
- Assembly may require a power drill or screwdriver
- May take up to an hour to assemble
- Material is heavy, so it can be quite challenging to move around; but worth it
PolyTEAK Adirondack Chair
PolyTEAK Traditional Element Faux Wood Poly Adirondack Chair is an excellent choice for individuals who need a comfortable and sturdy chair for outdoor furniture. PolyTEAK uses a Polywood material to combine durability and aesthetics.
Due to its marine-grade stainless steel construction, it can withstand harsh rain, wind, or snow. Since this chair weighs 30 pounds, even the toughest of winds can’t knock it down. We like how easy it is to maintain these all-weather Adirondack chairs. Just scrub the chair with soap and water to clean.
- Extremely durable; lasts a long time
- Looks and feels like real wood construction
- All-Weather Material
- Easy to clean, just wipe it down
- Very heavy to move around
- Width isn’t as wide as other chairs
Best Choice Products Adirondack Chair Outdoor Wooden
The Folding Wooden Adirondack Chair by Best Choice is one of the more versatile outdoor chairs on our list. It only weighs 19 lbs making it convenient to use as a beach chair or camp chair. Even with its lightweight design, this chair has a 350-Lbs High Load Capacity.
This chair is made from high-quality Hemlock wood to withstand frequent moisture. Additionally, it has an ergonomic design to support proper posture while sitting. The slightly slanted back seat adds comfortable seating for people to relax and lounge around for hours.
- Lightweight, easy to transport
- Excellent affordable price
- Very comfortable to sit on
- Easy to assemble and instructions are clear
- Comfortably fits a heavy person
- Aesthetically pleasing, beautiful wood design
- Very sturdy to sit on
- Wood is soft and may scratch easily
- Not as durable
- Not resistant to sand spots
Polywood ad5030ar classic folding adirondack chair
The Polywood Classic Folding Adirondack Chair is an eco-friendly outdoor seating option designed for comfort and durability. This chair is built from Polywood lumber and made from recycled plastic. It measures a height of 35 inches with a wide seat of 29 inches to fit most people.
The plastic recycled materials make it water-resistant, and UV protected, which means it is easy to clean and won’t deteriorate. You wouldn’t have to deal with the cumbersome splintering, cracks, peels, or chips of a wooden chair.
- Fast and easy to assemble
- Nice vibrant pop of color
- Solid and sturdy
- Weather resistant; don’t have to store away during winter
- Just wipe to clean
- Only able to fold if you disassemble the chair first
- Smaller than expected, not ideal for tall people
- Not as comfortable due to the straight back
Ashley Sundown Treasure Adirondack Chair
The Signature Design Adirondack Chair is a multi-functional chair that is perfect for outdoors. This chair costs under $150, which is a great price point for its aesthetics and construction. It has a durable, high-density polyethylene, which is a type of hard plastic that is water-resistant and handles rough stormy weather.
This chair measures 31 inches wide and 38 inches high and is made to fit larger individuals. Its bold red color and texture finish makes this beautiful chair a nice finishing touch to your outdoor space.
- Very sturdy chair, the wind won’t knock it over
- Adds charming appeal to your outdoor furniture
- Works well for tall men over 6 feet
- The angle of the back is comfortable
- Can handle severe wind and rain
- Weather resistant; Easy to clean
- Price is cheap
- Difficult and tedious to assemble
- Not foldable
Plant Theatre Wooden Adirondack Chair Weather Resistant, Acacia Wood, Foldable Fire Pit Chairs for Porch, Deck, Lawn and Campfire
The Plant Theatre Adirondack Chair is a perfect choice if you’re a person who loves to use sustainable products in your household. The material is hardwood Acacia which derives from sustainable sources.
The chair’s surface has been stained, oiled, and rubbed down for an incredibly smooth and tactile finish. It includes extra-wide arms so you can perch your beverage or book on top. The chair offers a deep slanted back at just the right angle for maximum comfort and rest.
- Easy to fold and put away
- Beautifully made
- Will last a long time
- Fair price
- Able to handle people who are over 6 feet tall and weigh over 250 lbs
- Complicated to assemble
- Could be more comfortable
- Will need to maintain the wood using Teak Oil
And the best heavy-duty adirondack chair is…
Highwood Adirondack Chair
The Highwood AD-KING1-ACE is our top choice for Adirondack chairs because it checks all the boxes. The most significant advantage that Highwood has over others is its remarkable high-grade polyethylene lumber material. Polyethylene lumber is designed to look like luxurious wood, but molded like plastic for comfort. This particular chair even can adjust your reclining angle, which the others cannot do.
Although the price is higher, we think it’s worth the price. Not having to oil your chair every few months will save you money in the long run. The chair also has a larger width and height than it’s competitors making it suitable for larger folks.
The best material is high-density polyethylene (HDPE) lumber. Despite its high cost, it is water-resistant and easy to clean by simply wiping it down with soap and a cloth. This material is a synthetic resin that is made to last long but isn’t bulky and heavy. It’s medium weight, making it portable. The material comes from recycled milk jugs, which is sustainable to manufacture.
What are the best adirondack chairs ?
We believe the best Adirondack chairs are the Highwood AD-King1-Ace chair, PolyTEAK Traditional Element chair, and Signature Design by Ashley Adirondack chair.
Why are they called adirondack chairs?
Adirondack chairs get their name from the beautiful Adirondack Mountain range in upstate New York.
Choose the best adirondack chair
Given the abundance of options available to us, choosing the right Adirondack chair can be a daunting task. First, you must decide on how much you’re willing to maintain the chair. There is wood, plastic, and recycled plastic. Wood can have a beautiful traditional finish, but takes seasonal oiling to maintain it and can splinter.
Plastic, you get a more modern feel but may look cheap. It’s easy to maintain, and the cost is more affordable.
Lastly, recycled plastic has eco-friendly looks and mimics the wood and withstands severe conditions. But it is more costly. It’s also important to note, plastic is a lighter material and thus easier to store and move around. Overall, it mostly depends on your budget, desire to maintain, and if you’re in need to store or transport the chair frequently.
Find the rest of our Chair reviews here:
- Gaming chair
- Camping chairs
- Bar stool
- ONIVA camping chair
- 500 pound capacity chairs
- Dining chairs
- Lawn chair
- Directors chairs
- Plus-size folding chair
- Lumbar camping chair
- Massage gaming chair
- Patio chairs
- Rocking chair
Extra Large Living is working hard to provide you with the best reviews and insights on products for heavier individuals. If you haven’t read some of our other more popular reviews, you will love our favorite Lazy Boy Big man recliner, our popular patio furniture, our top rated Outdoor folding rocking chair 300 lb capacity, as well as our most popular Heavy duty recliners.
Just because we are big doesn’t mean we shouldn’t have comfortable and luxurious items available to us. Please drop us a line or let us know if you found a product or service you think some other extra large people would enjoy.