Updated on April 5th, 2023 at 08:45 pm
When you’re out camping, the last thing that you want to be concerned about is whether or not you’re camping chair is sturdy enough for big and tall people. If this is a concern to you, then below is a review of our five top camping chairs for heavy people.
Heavy-duty camping chairs – Review of top five
Timber Ridge Folding Camping Chair Padded Hard
The Timber Ridge Camping Chair is an ergonomic high back, heavy-duty, outdoor chair that supports up to 300 pounds. It comes with a carrying bag and has a padded armrest and a cup holder for your convenience.
It’s made with a heavy-duty steel frame and made with durable polyester seating. This collapsible folding chair is easy to transport and store. It’s great to use while fishing, during outdoor barbecues, camping, sporting events, and more.
Below are the pros and cons associated with this product
- Is solid and comfortable
- Very roomy
- It sits taller, not too close to the ground
- It’s effortless to handle
- Has a comfortable pair of arms
- It is pretty heavy
- It’s not convenient for carrying during long walks (to get to campsites)
- The cupholder does not accommodate oversized cups or cans
- The cup holder is located directly beneath the arm of the chair, which makes it challenging to hold taller drinks
Kijaro Dual Lock Camping Chair
The Kijaro XXL Dual Lock Portable Camping and Sports Chair support up to 400 pounds. It offers a premium seating experience and is made with durable diamond ripstop polyester, breathable, mesh material. This chair is perfect for camping, using at sports events, concerts or while tailgating. This chair lives up to its name as it is ideal for the big and tall. It is also taller than most chairs in its category.
The pros and cons associated with this chair consist of the following:
- Is solid and comfortable
- Comes with no-sag seating
- Includes two cup holders
- Comes with mesh pockets to keep items organized
- Locks into place once opened for even more stability
- It locks shut when closed for easy transporting
- It’s easy to get into and out of
- Very supportive for people who suffer from back issues and arthritis
- The seating is too firm
- The front crossbars located at the opening are too narrow and causes some discomfort
Coleman oversized black camping lawn chairs
The Coleman Oversized Black Camping Lawn Chairs + Cooler, 2-Pack is clearly the best value for your money, as it is a 2-chair pack! It Provides versatility in that it can be used for concerts, games, camping, picnics, fishing and much more. It has a built-in cooler that allows you to store up to four cans as well as a mesh cup holder. It also has side pockets and fully cushioned and seats. It also has a storage area which is great for storing sunglasses, books, cell phones, and so forth.
- Great for sitting comfortably for up to 5 to 6 hours
- The back of the chair is tall making it easy to sit back and relax
- Very easy to open and be seated
- Made with thick, durable material
- Holds up pretty well in the rain
- The seats are long which hits the back of the legs
- Should have some form of lumbar support
Timber Ridge Fraser Bungee Chair
The 500-lb. Capacity Heavy-Duty Portable Chair makes great camping chairs for heavy people. They are great for outdoor sports activities and recreation including for camping and hiking, outdoor concerts and more. These heavy-duty portable chairs support up to 500 pounds as the title suggests. The fabric is sturdy and not flimsy as with other chairs.
- The chair seat is high; sit’s taller than most chairs
- Great for the big and tall
- Well built sturdy chair
- Too high for shorter individuals
- Requires a cushion for full comfort
- The seat sags just a bit
- The seating is somewhat narrow
LivingXL 500-lb. Capacity Heavy-Duty Portable Camping Chair
The Timber Ridge Fraser Deluxe Bungee Chair is a sturdy steel-framed chair made with 600 D polyester fabric. It can support at least 300 pounds easily, and its dimensions are 22.4″ x 18, 1″ x 19.7 x 36.0. This comfortably designed deluxe bungee chair requires no assembly, and it’s great for sporting events, camping, concerts, or just sitting on the lawn.
This chair is great for those early risers who enjoy a cup of coffee while watching the sunrise. It’s made with smooth foam with a small foam pad at the seat and on the back to ensure you have the most comfort possible.
- Provides comfort all the way around, including the seat, arms, and back
- It’s made with a sporty look and feel
- Durable yet maintains comfort and support
- It’s great for additional back support
- This chair is oversized and comfortable but takes up quite a bit of space
- The chair is somewhat heavy and bulky
And the best heavy-duty camping chair is…
Timber Ridge Fraser Bungee Chair
Although the other chairs indicated in this review make great camping chairs for heavy people and can also be used for other outdoor events, only those that can genuinely support the big and tall are most suitable for them. That’s why we believe the Timber Ridge Fraser Deluxe Bungee Chair is the best and our top pick. It has a sturdy powder-coated steel frame and offers maximum loading capacity for the big and tall. Its smooth foam pad seat makes this sturdy chair both comfortable and reliable. It’s Bungie support provides comfort from all aspects of this sporty looking portable chair.
This oversized chair is excellent for wide-open spaces and can be used for long periods of time, all while maintaining comfort and providing long-lasting support.
If you are looking for even more chair reviews, be sure to check out below:
What to look for when buying a heavy-duty camping chair
When selecting a camping chair for heavier people, it’s important to make sure that the particular chair that you choose meets your maximum weight requirements. It’s also great to make sure you leave a margin for error. What this means is if your weight fluctuates often, then your chair is still sturdy enough to accommodate your current and potential future weight.
What to Avoid when purchasing heavy-duty camping chair
Avoid purchasing chairs that sag in the middle and becomes uncomfortable after use for long periods. Chairs that support the big and tall should do so for substantial amounts of time.
Advantages and benefits of purchasing a heavy-duty camping chair
Some of the primary advantages and benefits of purchasing a heavy-duty chair are that they’re both durable and comfortable. Other advantages include that they should be easy to store and transport from one outdoor event to the other. Those that are too heavy or too bulky to carry make it a challenge for them to be sturdy and portable as they are designed to be.
Other benefits include that chairs should be easy to get into and out of, which is convenient for those who need additional support for their back or their knees.