- Review of Top Electric Scooters
- Segway Ninebot MAX
- Why Weight Matters
Choosing the right electric scooter may seem like a daunting task, especially if you’re heavy. If you’re going to be using your scooter for daily transport, it’s crucial to choose the best one. We have searched to find some great options for you to choose from.
Don’t be intimidated by all the technical features. After you finish reading this, you will have a stable foundation of electric scooters and how to identify the best ones.
So, what exactly are the best electric scooters for heavy adults? Let’s jump right in!
Review of Top Electric Scooters
Segway Ninebot MAX
This is one slick scooter that represents the evolving electric scooter industry. It’s designed to fold and be super portable. If you live in the city and want to commute ten blocks or so, then this scooter is perfect.
The Segway Ninebot is by far the best for daily commutes. It has a range of 40 miles, which really makes it stand out from the competition.
Its 220-pound weight-load makes this our top choice of electric scooters for heavy adults.
- Long-range (40 mi)
- Easy to fold and extremely durable
- It has a weight capacity suitable for heavier people.
- A bit heavy if you need to carry it upstairs often.
- Inconsistent battery life.
GOTRAX GXL V2
If you’re looking for a smooth enjoyable ride without breaking the bank, then look no further than the GOTRAX GXL V2. You’ll enjoy every minute of your commute, and it’s suitable for beginners.
The GOTRAX also has a weight-load of 220 pounds, which makes it an excellent choice for heavier adults. Make sure you have the correct tire pressure, charge the battery, and you’re ready to start riding!
- Best quality ride for the price.
- Sturdy and safe for beginners/heavy adults.
- Easy to operate.
- Heavy to lug around.
- Inaccurate battery reading.
QIEWA QPOWER Double Ｍotors Off-Road Scooter
Sure, there are a lot of smooth-riding city scooters, but what about for those who crave something more? The QIEWA QPOWER Off-Road Scooter lets you ride almost anywhere.
Need to cut through a little patch of grass? No problem! With its heavy-duty off-road tires and strong impressive weight-load of 550 pounds (wow), this scooter can take anyone everywhere.
- Off-road capability.
- Its 550-pound weight load makes it suitable for heavy adults.
- Built to last and easy to operate.
- Difficult to lift the scooter when dealing with steps or curbs.
- It’s hard to lock up when finished.
- You will pay for value.
Glion Dolly Foldable Lightweight Adult Electric Scooter
Want the lovechild of a scooter and suitcase? The Glion Dolly is not only easy to ride, but it’s also easy to transport. You literally just fold it up and drag it behind you when walking.
With its silent motor, you’re practically gliding down the street at a comfortable speed up to 15 mph. This scooter is great for heavy adults because it’s built to hold weights up to 255 pounds.
- You can carry it like a piece of luggage.
- It works well in the rain.
- Reliable brakes.
- Difficult to use the bell.
- No Speedometer.
TOMOLOO Electric Scooter
This scooter is unique for its simple design. Even if you’re new to electric scooters, you shouldn’t have trouble operating this thing. Its blue glow and comfortable grip will make you fall in love with your commute.
All travel data is collected through their app so that you can measure its performance in real-time. The scooter also uses kinetic energy to help charge the battery while braking or going downhill.
- Stable when riding on bumpy roads.
- Comfortable leather handles.
- Quick charge.
- They are known to be pretty fragile.
- No adjustable handlebars.
HOVER-1 Journey Electric Folding Scooter
Are you looking for a stylish form of transportation? The Hover-1 delivers just that, along with some exceptional features to make your ride more enjoyable.
We could go on and on about how cool this scooter looks, but more on how well it rides. It can carry up to 248 pounds, which makes it an excellent scooter for heavy adults. Its max speed is 18 mph, but you shouldn’t ever need to go any faster than that, especially if you’re just doing short commutes around the city.
- Great cruise control setting for a smoother ride.
- Easy to assemble.
- It comes with a built-in Bluetooth speaker.
- Difficult to find spare parts/tires.
- Fragile pieces that can break easily.
Hiboy MAX Electric Scooter
If you’re looking for a comfortable cruise around the block or to ride your scooter to work every day, the Hiboy electric scooter will become your best friend.
This scooter has a range of 17 miles on a single charge, so it’s perfect for inner-city commuting. You won’t have to worry about bumpy roads, because it comes equipped with thick tires and makes your ride safe and comfortable.
- Smooth handling and solid tires.
- Double braking system which makes it safe for downhill riding.
- Built for longevity.
- Batteries drain quikcly
- More frustrating to assemble than other scooters on the market.
And The Winner Is…
Why Weight Matters
Since these are electric scooters, it requires a lot of energy to carry riders up and down busy streets. That is why it is essential to look at weight capacity when choosing a scooter. Scooters designed to carry heavier passengers generally are better made and won’t require a ton of maintenance down the road.
You may see a lot of scooters advertise their impressive battery range, but that is generally for lighter riders. If your scooter isn’t designed for a heavy rider, its true battery life is expected to be less.
Luckily most scooters like the QIEWA Off-Road scooter and the HOVER-1 are designed for heavy adults.
Make sure you always check the weight capacity before purchasing your electric scooter.
Choosing the Right Scooter
It’s tough to always choose the “best” of something because it’s relative to you and your needs. However, there are a few things to consider when shopping for an electric scooter that can make your life a lot easier.
- Manufacturer – Always choose from a reputable brand that is backed by tons of positive online reviews. This way, if your scooter runs into trouble down the line, you will have the support to get you back on the road in no time.
- Weight Capacity– As mentioned above, you want to be sure your scooter has the power to carry you. Make sure to check the weight capacity to see if it’s suitable for you to ride before purchasing.
- Cost – Usually, the better brands cost more, and that’s just the way it is. An electric scooter is something you will be using daily, for your own safety and convenience. It’s important to look at the overall best price and quality. You don’t want to price shop and just go after the cheapest options, as they usually are not safe.
- Speed – Most electric scooters will be fast enough. Unless you are competing in some underground street race, you will never need to go faster than its top speed. The average speed is between 5-20 mph.
We hope you enjoyed our post, and invite you to come back often. We are dedicated to finding the best products available to those of us considered a little bigger. We recently tested the best Air mattresses, found what we believe to be the best heavy duty Adirondack chair, and the best Recliner, Oversized edition. We know that some products are hard to shop for, and some just don’t fit or feel right. We will do our best to keep you informed and out of the return aisle. We look forward to you returning soon.