- Best Heavy Duty Adirondack Chairs in 2020
- Highwood AD-KING1-ACE Hamilton Folding and Reclining Adirondack Chair
- Lifetime Faux Wood Adirondack Chair
- PolyTEAK Modern Folding Poly Adirondack Chair
- Folding Wooden Adirondack Lounger Chair
- POLYWOOD AD5030AR Classic Folding Adirondack Chair
- Signature Design by Ashley – Sundown Treasure Outdoor Adirondack Chair
- Plant Theatre Adirondack Folding Hardwood Chair
- And The Winner Is…
- Highwood AD-KING1-ACE
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Adirondack Chairs are a Staple for Any Backyard
If you’re searching for the right Adirondack chair to add to your backyard, you’ve come to the right place. These Adirondack chairs are an excellent outdoor seating option to enjoy the beautiful outdoor weather. Best of all, oversized Adirondack chairs fit us big folks comfortably! We’ll be going over the best heavy-duty Adirondack chairs available to help you make an informed decision.
What’ll We’ll Cover
- Reviewing the best heavy-duty Adirondack chairs in 2020
- Pros and cons of each Adirondack chair
- Best material for these chairs
- How to choose the best chair based on durability, comfort, budget, and storage
- Give you our top choice and why we think it’s the best option
Best Heavy Duty Adirondack Chairs in 2020
Highwood AD-KING1-ACE Hamilton Folding and Reclining Adirondack Chair
King Size, Weathered Acorn
The Highwood AD-King1-ACE Adirondack Chair is an ideal chair for individuals with larger body frames. Compared to the standard Hamilton chair, this one is 6 inches taller and 4 inches wider. This chair has multiple reclining positions and can fold flat for secure storage.
It’s best feature is the patented NatureTex, which looks like real wood without the waxy texture, and it won’t fade. The material withstands harsh weather conditions, and the wood material is designed to repel grime and dirt.
- Handles the size and weight of bigger folks
- Folds up for easy storage and transportation
- Attractive seating for your backyard or porch
- It is a comfortable chair to sit on
- Manufacturer offers a 12-year warranty
- Very sturdy once assembled
- Able to adjust the reclining angle
- A bit pricey
- Tricky to assemble
Lifetime Faux Wood Adirondack Chair
Brown – 60064
If you’re looking for a heavy-duty chair that can handle big guys’ weight, this one is the right pick. The Lifetime Adirondack Chair has a weight capacity of 300 pounds with a height of 36.9 inches and a length of 38.6 inches. This chair measures several inches larger than most.
The highlight of this chair is that their Faux wood is stain-resistant and UV-protected. Best of all, the wood won’t crack, splinter or chip. The chair is weather-resistant so that you can leave it outdoors.
- Very durable and will last you years
- Reasonable price
- Sturdy chair
- No fading after years of use
- Assembly may require a power drill or screwdriver
- May take up to an hour to assemble
- Material is heavy, so it can be quite challenging to move around; but worth it
PolyTEAK Modern Folding Poly Adirondack Chair
PolyTEAK Modern Folding Adirondack Chair is an excellent choice for individuals who need a comfortable and sturdy chair for outdoors. PolyTEAK uses a Poly Lumber material to combine durability and aesthetics. Due to its marine-grade stainless steel construction, it can withstand harsh rain, wind, or snow. Since this chair weighs 36 pounds, even the toughest of winds can’t knock it down. We like how easy it is to maintain. Just scrub the chair with soap and water to clean.
- Extremely durable; lasts a long time
- Looks and feels like real wood
- Resistant to rain and snow
- Easy to clean, just wipe it down
- Convenient storage option, just fold the chair down
- Very heavy to move around
- Width isn’t as wide as other chairs
Folding Wooden Adirondack Lounger Chair
The Best Choice Adirondack Lounger Chair is one of the more versatile chairs. It only weighs 19 lbs making it convenient to transport this chair to the beach or camping. Even with its lightweight, this chair can support up to 350 lbs.
This chair is made from high-quality Hemlock wood to withstand unfavorable weather. Additionally, it has an ergonomic design to support proper posture while sitting. The slightly slanted back seat adds comfort for people to relax and lounge around for hours.
- Lightweight, easy to transport
- Excellent price
- Very comfortable to sit on
- Easy to assemble and instructions are clear
- Comfortably fits bigger individuals
- Aesthetically pleasing, beautiful wood finish
- Very sturdy to sit on
- Wood is soft and may scratch easily
- Not as durable
- Not resistant to sand spots
POLYWOOD AD5030AR Classic Folding Adirondack Chair
The Polywood Classic Folding Adirondack Chair is an eco-friendly outdoor seating option designed for comfort and durability. This chair is built from Polywood lumber and made from recycled plastic. It measures a height of 35 inches and a width of 29 inches to fit most people.
The recycled plastic material makes it water-resistant, and UV protected, which means it is easy to clean and won’t deteriorate. You wouldn’t have to deal with the cumbersome splintering, cracks, peels, or chips of a wooden chair.
- Fast and easy to assemble
- Nice vibrant color
- Solid and sturdy
- Don’t have to store away during winter
- Just wipe to clean
- Only able to fold if you disassemble the chair first
- Smaller than expected, not ideal for tall people
- Not as comfortable due to the straight back
Signature Design by Ashley – Sundown Treasure Outdoor Adirondack Chair
The Signature Design Adirondack Chair is a multi-functional chair that is perfect for outdoors. This chair costs under $150, which is a great price point for its aesthetics and construction. It has a durable, high-density polyethylene, which is a type of hard plastic that is water-resistant and handles rough stormy weather.
This chair measures 31 inches wide and 38 inches high and is made to fit larger individuals. It’s bold red color and texture finish makes this chair a nice finishing touch to your outdoor surroundings.
- Very sturdy chair, the wind won’t knock it over
- Adds charming appeal to your outdoor living
- Works well for tall men over 6 feet
- The angle of the back is comfortable
- Can handle severe wind and rain
- Easy to clean
- Price is cheap
- Difficult and tedious to assemble
- Not foldable
Plant Theatre Adirondack Folding Hardwood Chair
The Plant Theatre Adirondack Chair is a perfect choice if you’re a person who loves to use sustainable products in your household. The material is hardwood Acacia which derives from sustainable sources. The chair’s surface has been stained, oiled, and rubbed down for an incredibly smooth and tactile finish. It includes extra-wide arms so you can perch your beverage or book on top. The chair offers a deep slanted back at just the right angle for maximum comfort and rest.
- Easy to fold and put away
- Beautifully made
- Will last a long time
- Fair price
- Able to handle people who are over 6 feet tall and weigh over 250 lbs
- Complicated to assemble
- Could be more comfortable
- Will need to maintain the wood using Teak Oil
And The Winner Is…
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the best material for Adirondack chairs?
The best material is high-density polyethylene (HDPE) lumber. Despite its high cost, it is water-resistant and easy to clean by simply wiping it down with soap and a cloth. This material is a synthetic resin that is made to last long but isn’t bulky and heavy. It’s medium weight, making it portable. The material comes from recycled milk jugs, which is sustainable to manufacture.
What are the best Adirondack chairs?
We believe the best Adirondack chairs are the Highwood AD-King1-Ace chair, PolyTEAK Modern folding chair, and Signature Design by Ashley Adirondack chair.
Why do they call them Adirondack chairs?
Adirondack chairs get their name from the beautiful Adirondack Mountain range in upstate New York.
How to Choose the Best Adirondack Chair
Given the abundance of options available to us, choosing the right Adirondack chair can be a daunting task. First, you must decide on how much you’re willing to maintain the chair. There is wood, plastic, and recycled plastic. Wood can have a beautiful traditional finish, but takes seasonal oiling to maintain it and can splinter. Plastic, you get a more modern feel but may look cheap. It’s easy to maintain, and the cost is more affordable.
Lastly, recycled plastic has eco-friendly looks and mimics the wood and withstands severe conditions. But it is more costly. It’s also important to note, plastic is a lighter material and thus easier to store and move around. Overall, it mostly depends on your budget, desire to maintain, and if you’re in need to store or transport the chair frequently.