Popular Recliner Reviews on Extra Large Living:
Choosing the best big guy waders?
Sizing: Choosing big man waders can be a bit confusing because the size varies from brand to brand. The best thing to do is get measured by a professional since the measurement works differently than regular clothes. Choosing the right size Wader is a must if you want them to last longer because if they are too big or too tight, they can start to leak.
Type: The type of Wader you need depends on what you are going to use it for.
- Hip waders are ideal for shallow waters, hiking or doing work that requires minimum water exposure.
- Chest waders are getting quite popular, all thanks to the versatility and convenience they offer. If you are fond of deeper water and fishing in cold weather or even love going on hunting trips, chest waders should be your top choice.
- Waist waders, also known as wading pants, are perfect for anglers who know the waters and prefer having a wide range of motion when fishing. These waterproof pants are either secured by suspenders or a belt and are perfect for hot weather.
- Boot foot waders are quite convenient and easy to use as all you have to do is slip them on. They have boots attached, so you don’t have to buy separate boots like stocking foot waders.
- Stockingfoot waders like the 8 Fans Men’s Fishing Chest Waders, require anglers to buy separate pair of boots. This may carry the added benefit of being custom, a comfortable fit that extends the fishing day. And given the wading boots come separately, they are more flexible and pack better.
Are neoprene waders good?
Neoprene waders are highly popular among anglers because they are comparatively thicker, insulated, and sturdier than other materials.
If you fish in cold temperatures, neoprene waders are a great option. For cold weather, 5mm thickness is preferable, while 3mm is suitable for regular use. Although warm and comfortable, neoprene is not highly breathable. So, for hotter weather, it is better to switch to breathable fishing waders made from Nylon or PVC.
Choosing the best big man wader is undoubtedly a difficult task. You need to take a lot of things into consideration. Extra Large Living compiled this list of waders that have generous sizes, are breathable, long-lasting, and of course, affordable.