Benefits Of Oversized Recliners:
- 300 Lbs+ Weight Support: Oversized recliners provide support of at least 300 lbs in weight, and some have capacity up to 500 lbs. People who require more space (including tall people) will be covered with oversized recliners. If you are tired of sitting on a short chair that only provides support for the back and not the head and the legs – you should get a recliner. Oversized recliners extend to provide coverage for the feet and the head. Their width is usually 40″ (1 foot) side-to-side, giving you the space to move around until you find your perfect position. Note: Most oversized recliners are not “wall huggers” – i.e., one needs space of at least 3 feet between the recliner and their wall to recline in the back fully.
- Highly Comfortable: Oversized recliners come with oversized cushions, internal amortization, and high-quality materials that provide the ultimate sense of comfort – far superior to an average sofa or chair. The padding provides extra cushioning and support for your joints and leg ankles. You are not restricted to sitting in your recliner – you can recline back to convert your recliner into a night bed. Want to watch a movie at night and recline? Press a button! Want to sit and make calls on your recliner? Press a button! The chairs are shifty and easy to customize. The oversized factor gives you enough space to stretch and move around the chair; whereas you’re limited to a small space on a regular recliner.
- Improve Blood Circulation: Do you sit in your chair for more than 2 hours? This can stiffen your legs because it cuts off the blood flow from your legs, and the whole body is impacted. If you spend more than an hour in a regular chair, your legs will be left to hang, which leaves them without movement and circulation. An oversized recliner utilizes a lever that provides support for the legs which stimulates blood circulation. Your head can also rest on the top of the chair, providing additional blood flow into the neck and head area.
- “Family” Recliner: Do you have a kid that likes to jump on the recliner? Maybe your dog/cat wants to hop on for a pet session? Worry not – their weight will be supported. Oversized recliners are made for large/tall people, but they can be used by average people as well. Read bedtime stories to your child or watch a new Netflix session on your large recliner.
- Stress Relief: Comfortable materials and improved blood flow decrease stress. If you spend 2-3 hours in your recliner after work, you’ll feel refreshed and ready to go back to work the next day. Look forward to going back home, popping a beer, and enjoying your soft recliner! A recliner is a stress-relief machine because it creates the setting for relaxation: Highly comfortable, adjustable, lots of space – and sure enough, space for your drinks!
- Easy To Setup: Most have to be assembled at home due to the size of the packages, but set up for the average recliner chair takes only a few minutes.
- Technologically Advanced: Some recliners have cup holders and swivel treys on the side. You can work on your laptop and place a glass of wine on the side of your recliner while you relax. Most recliners are plugged in a wall power socket, and some provide USB chargers.
How To Choose A Durable Oversized Recliner?
Recliners differ based on the materials used – the internal amortization for weight support, the cushions, the padding materials, and the brand factor. The material used will be in close contact with your skin. Real leather is a preferred material, and this is why it costs more. Faux leather costs slightly less. Certain manufacturers are more reliable than others and make chairs that last for more than a decade.
How Much Do Oversized Recliners Cost?
The average price for a decent oversized recliner is $500 – if you want one to last you for years. If you add a few hundred dollars, you get more luxurious features, and the best recliners are in the $1000+ range. Few recliners cost below $300, and they only have basic features. Most recliners operate the same at every price level. Essentially they are extendable, back and forth.
The main distinction is the materials used, some of which last longer. Even though a chair might appear cheap and functional, there’s a high chance it will start tearing or break down after 1-2 years of continual use. This is why spending extra might be worth the initial investment, as you likely won’t have to replace your recliner for a decade.
Although you may have come here looking for an Extra wide recliner, maybe you need a recliner with an extended foot rest or one that is a bit longer overall. A Big man recliner will provide you with additional options not included with some of the oversized models. You may also want to check out our reviews of a great Heavy people camping chairs or additional camping equipment for heavier folks. Our goal is to continue to search and review products designed for those of us that don’t conform to one size fits all. We hope you check back often and appreciate any feedback you may have.