Updated on March 10th, 2023 at 10:20 pm
Every person deserves a comfortable recliner that is made for their body type. So often, regular size recliners are way too small for those of us who are taller or wider. Heavy-duty recliners are a much better option for larger people and provide a comfortable place to lay back and relax without discriminating against size.
Best recliners for heavy people – review
LEISLAND Power Lift recliner Chair
The LEISLAND power lift recliner chair is an excellent choice for individuals seeking a comfortable and durable recliner. With its sturdy construction and high-quality materials, this recliner is built to support overweight people for years.
- The recliner has a powerful single motor that makes adjusting lift and recline options easy, even for the elderly.
- The heat and massage options have various settings and intensities to relieve pressure and increase blood circulation.
- The breathable leather ensures that the recliner remains cool and comfortable, even during extended periods of use.
- The recliner has a sturdy solid wood frame that can accommodate users up to 330 pounds, providing ample support and stability.
- Has a wide seat area making it comfortable for big and tall users.
- The backrest reclines from 110 to 180 degrees while the footrest raises from 90 to 180 degrees for ample relaxation. You can vary the inclinations to suit your needs when sleeping or watching TV.
- Has two cup holders on the armrest for convenience when watching TV or resting.
- The recliner chair has no remote to control the lifting and reclining features.
- Some users complained the chair didn’t come with assembly instructions.
Mega Motion Easy Comfort
Heavy-duty lift chair
The Mega Motion Easy Comfort Superior is a heavy-duty lift chair that can hold up to 500 pounds. It is a three-position lift chair, which means that it can be enclosed, partial, or fully reclined.
- As it is a lift chair, it can assist individuals who have difficulty getting up on their own.
- It has a split back design which provides another layer of head and neck comfort.
- It is fitted with a power recline so that you can recline at the press of a button.
- It has pockets on both sides perfect for storing magazines, books, the remote control, or other items.
- It has a one-year in-home service warranty, so if something breaks or is working improperly, it can be fixed for free.
- It does not require assembly and is delivered exactly as it is meant to be used.
- This chair takes up a lot of space and is larger than most other chairs. It needs to be placed about two and a half feet from the wall to be able to recline
- The footrest is designed so that your feet may extend past it, as it is only built for leg support. This is a downside for people like me, who enjoy having our feet propped up as well.
Signature Design by Ashley ballister contemporary power lift recliner
The Signature Design by Ashley Ballister Contemporary Power Lift Recliner is a simple, comfortable, and stylish option for anyone needing a power lift recliner. With its sleek minimal design and advanced features, this recliner is a great addition to any home.
- The power lift and reclining function are powered by four motors which provide independent control of the headrest, leg rest, backrest, and lumbar support. This allows for unlimited recline positions perfect for fat people with mobility issues.
- The recliner is built with foam cushions upholstered in polyester that’s soft to the touch.
- It measures 36 x 41 x 42 inches, and when reclined, it stretches to 72 inches. These dimensions make it a cozy couch for your living room.
- Signature by Ashley provides an assembly manual to simplify the process.
- It has a long power cord, so you can distance it from the wall to suit your design.
- The lumbar support could be better as it’s currently a little too firm
- Doesnt help with hip pain
Homelegance laurelton glider reclining chair
The Homeglance Laurelton is a textured plush oversized recliner. It is excellent for those who need a bit of extra arm room and provides a slow and controlled recline.
- Both the seat and the back of the chair is upholstered with soft fabric. This provides an extra level of comfort.
- The recliner has oversized arms, which are an excellent fit for those who need a little more elbow room.
- The same company also offers a matching sofa and love seat, for those who are looking to decorate an entire room around this piece.
- There is a lever located on the side of the recliner that controls how it reclines. It is built to recline in a gliding motion, opposed to the jerkiness that some other recliners have.
- To fully extend, the recliner needs to be positioned a minimum of three feet from a wall. In addition to the bulk of the recliner, this can take up a lot of space.
- The recliner requires mild assembly, as the back does not come connected to the seat. It is not extensive. However, if you have limited mobility, this may be an impediment.
- There is a gap between the armrest and backrest, which can be awkward when reclined.
ANJ oversized rocker recliner
The ANJ Oversized Rocker Recliner is a heavy-duty recliner built for durability. It is designed to be both a comfortable and aesthetic addition to your living room.
- The chair is upholstered with high-quality fabric and is well-padded. All of its cushions are pillowed and designed to have softer curves to give it the highest level of comfort.
- This recliner is designed to recline back with just a gentle push, so the user doesn’t have to exert a lot of effort when trying to switch its position.
- This recliner is generally lighter than other heavy-duty recliners. It only weighs 42 pounds, which makes it easy to position and move. It requires minimal assembly.
- Compared to other heavy-duty recliners, this one has a relatively low capacity. It supports a maximum weight of 330 pounds.
- The degree that this recliner can recline is also relatively limited, as it can only move from 90 degrees to 150 degrees.
CANMOV large power lift recliner
CANMOV took the time to understand big people’s needs, a quality that shines through in their design and delivery of this power lift recliner. At first glance, it’s overstuffed for comfort and sports the latest reliable and durable reclining mechanism.
- It has a deep seat and extended backrest suitable for big people. The 20.9-inch-deep seat offers excellent leg and hip support.
- The chair reclines between 110 and 150 degrees and is controlled by a button conveniently located on the side.
- The electric lift motor is powerful to lift 350 lbs. quietly and smoothly. It’s ideal for elderly or overweight people with back problems.
- Sports lumbar heating and massage options for the legs, thighs, back, and lumbar. There are several massage settings for your liking and a timer to automatically shut off the massage function when you fall asleep.
- Concealed cup holders, USB charging ports, and side pockets for added convenience.
- The large size of the recliner may not be suitable for smaller living spaces, limiting its versatility in some homes.
- The massager is on the chair and can get uncomfortable when sleeping.
ANJ big power lift recliner chair
The ANJ Big Power Lift Recliner Chair is a comfortable and functional recliner that offers a wide range of features for users seeking a relaxing and advanced seating option.
- Equipped with an 8-point massage system with 5 adjustment modes and 2 vibration settings. It also has a heating function to improve relaxation and blood circulation.
- It has a powerful motor to lift the recliner between 40 and 150 degrees.
- It sports a quality metallic frame tested and proven to support overweight people. This frame is padded with HD soft sponge for ample comfort.
- Installation only takes 15 minutes.
- The recliner also includes a USB charging port and side pockets for added convenience.
- Some users wish the legs could rise higher and the head had more support.
- Some users complained the padding gets compressed over time, and the massage points poke into the body.
Harkawon power lift recliner chairs for adults
The Harkawon Power Lift Recliner Chair for overweight adults oozes comfort and luxury. It has heating and massage options to elevate your experience.
- The recliner option is powered by a single electric motor that inclines the chair between 90 and 160 degrees. It reclines with the push of a button.
- The lift mechanism runs on a powerful OKIN silent motor, guaranteeing durability and reliability.
- The massage and heating options have different modes and timers for versatility and customizing your experience.
- Comfortable backrest courtesy of the overstuffed cushioning.
- The recliner is relatively heavy, making it challenging to move around or reposition.
- The massage and heating function may not suit individuals with certain health conditions and sensitivities.
And the best heavy-duty recliner is…
LEISLAND power lift recliner chair
Although there are so many incredibly heavy-duty recliners on the market, LEISLAND power lift recliner chair tops our list. Compared to other products, it has a wide array of technological features, including massage and heat options, USB charger ports, cup holder and lay flat mechanism. It is built to be durable, comfortable, stable, and, at the very core, a recliner for all body types.
Things to consider when shopping for heavy-duty recliner
There are a few primary factors that you should be considering when shopping around for the best heavy-duty recliner for larger people. The process of shopping, and purchasing, will be more efficient if you are informed and know the right questions to ask.
Here are a few things you should be considering before, during, and after the heavy-duty recliner shopping process.
- Quality – the recliner seat should be high quality in build and the materials used. Think of the purchase as an investment that’ll add beauty to your home and provide greater comfort. Higher quality materials will tick these goals with ease.
- Durability – it can be difficult to determine the durability of a heavy-duty recliner seat just by looking at it. However, it’s easier when considering referrals, reviews, and the quality and type of materials used. For instance, pure leather is beautiful and more durable than PU leather.
- Manufacturer – Some manufacturers have a track record of building quality products over others at a reasonable price. Most often than not, they have many positive reviews from satisfied customers.
- Costs – heavy duty recliner seats generally cost more than regular recliner seats. This is because of the strength of the materials used. However, it’s crucial to strike a balance between cost and quality.
- Weight capacity – the best heavy-duty recliners support higher weight capacities of over 300 lbs.
Why purchase a heavy-duty recliner?
A heavy-duty recliner can be a substantial investment. However, it boasts an array of benefits that surpass those of a regular recliner. A 500 pounds capacity recliner often supports more than the set weight limit. They are built with sturdy material that can manage that amount of weight.
- Regular recliners, on the other hand, are only intended to hold around 250 pounds or less. The point of a recliner is to be comfortable, which is why heavy-duty recliners are a good option for those who cannot fit in a regular recliner comfortably. Heavy-duty recliners are also made to be durable and have a range of features that contribute to ease of use. Most heavy-duty recliners are primarily made of steel on the interior, as it is one of the most reliable materials.
- This includes the base, interior structure, and, for many models, the reclining mechanism as well. They are built to last, provided that they are taken care of and used correctly.
What custom features should you look for?
Recliners can come with a host of features and are all built differently. It is essential to go into the shopping process with some features that you want in mind. Make a list: what features are non-negotiable and which are nice if they are present but not necessary?
Here are some custom features that some heavy-duty recliners have, and what the benefits of each are:
- Extra tall seat back — an extra-tall seat back is a necessity for those who are a bit taller. It makes sure that they can sit comfortably in the recliner, and have sufficient back, neck, and head support.
- Electric motor — this feature is suitable for those who may need help sitting down or standing back up. Instead of having to manipulate the angle of the recliner manually, you can press the button, and the recliner will adjust using its electric motor. Some chairs also have a power lift feature, which will raise the chair off the ground to help prop up the person sitting.
- Oversized armrests — although heavy-duty recliners are larger in the first place, not all also have oversized armrests. This can be a great feature if you or a loved one needs a little more arm support or room to let their arms settle comfortably.
- Side pockets — this is a bit of an amenity but can be very important for those who struggle to get around alone. Side pockets within the chair itself can help the person sitting in it store magazines, remotes, books, or other objects, so they are within reach while sitting in the recliner. I enjoy this feature because I can switch from reading a book to reading the newspaper without having to get up.
Do you like what you have been reading so far? Looking for other well research reviews? We spend countless hours searching for and reviewing great products for heavier people.
Be sure to check out our most recent posts on:
- Big and tall recliner
- Patio chairs
- Camping chair
- Power recliner
- Air mattress
- Lift chair
- Adirondack chairs
- Rocking chair recliner
We are proud of our work, and expect to complete much more in the very near future.