Things to consider when shopping for heavy-duty recliner
There are a few primary factors that you should be considering when shopping around for the best heavy-duty recliner for larger people. The process of shopping, and purchasing, will be more efficient if you are informed and know the right questions to ask.
Here are a few things you should be considering before, during, and after the heavy-duty recliner shopping process.
- Quality – the recliner seat should be high quality in build and the materials used. Think of the purchase as an investment that’ll add beauty to your home and provide greater comfort. Higher quality materials will tick these goals with ease.
- Durability – it can be difficult to determine the durability of a heavy-duty recliner seat just by looking at it. However, it’s easier when considering referrals, reviews, and the quality and type of materials used. For instance, pure leather is beautiful and more durable than PU leather.
- Manufacturer – Some manufacturers have a track record of building quality products over others at a reasonable price. Most often than not, they have many positive reviews from satisfied customers.
- Costs – heavy duty recliner seats generally cost more than regular recliner seats. This is because of the strength of the materials used. However, it’s crucial to strike a balance between cost and quality.
- Weight capacity – the best heavy-duty recliners support higher weight capacities of over 300 lbs.
Why purchase a heavy-duty recliner?
A heavy-duty recliner can be a substantial investment. However, it boasts an array of benefits that surpass those of a regular recliner. A 500 pounds capacity recliner often supports more than the set weight limit. They are built with sturdy material that can manage that amount of weight.
- Regular recliners, on the other hand, are only intended to hold around 250 pounds or less. The point of a recliner is to be comfortable, which is why heavy-duty recliners are a good option for those who cannot fit in a regular recliner comfortably. Heavy-duty recliners are also made to be durable and have a range of features that contribute to ease of use. Most heavy-duty recliners are primarily made of steel on the interior, as it is one of the most reliable materials.
- This includes the base, interior structure, and, for many models, the reclining mechanism as well. They are built to last, provided that they are taken care of and used correctly.
What custom features should you look for?
Recliners can come with a host of features and are all built differently. It is essential to go into the shopping process with some features that you want in mind. Make a list: what features are non-negotiable and which are nice if they are present but not necessary?
Here are some custom features that some heavy-duty recliners have, and what the benefits of each are:
- Extra tall seat back — an extra-tall seat back is a necessity for those who are a bit taller. It makes sure that they can sit comfortably in the recliner, and have sufficient back, neck, and head support.
- Electric motor — this feature is suitable for those who may need help sitting down or standing back up. Instead of having to manipulate the angle of the recliner manually, you can press the button, and the recliner will adjust using its electric motor. Some chairs also have a power lift feature, which will raise the chair off the ground to help prop up the person sitting.
- Oversized armrests — although heavy-duty recliners are larger in the first place, not all also have oversized armrests. This can be a great feature if you or a loved one needs a little more arm support or room to let their arms settle comfortably.
- Side pockets — this is a bit of an amenity but can be very important for those who struggle to get around alone. Side pockets within the chair itself can help the person sitting in it store magazines, remotes, books, or other objects, so they are within reach while sitting in the recliner. I enjoy this feature because I can switch from reading a book to reading the newspaper without having to get up.
Do you like what you have been reading so far? Looking for other well research reviews? We spend countless hours searching for and reviewing great products for heavier people.
Be sure to check out our most recent posts on:
We are proud of our work, and expect to complete much more in the very near future.